best solution for basic sound measurements

Which product is right for your exact requirements
AdamF

best solution for basic sound measurements

Post by AdamF »

Hi There,

Your product range looks quite impressive! I am putting together a setup for a portable sound measurement demonstration and I am wondering which solution you would recommend. I don't need very high precision in this application, basically I would be using a microphone to monitor the acoustic output of various bits of audio gear, then using the scope to display both the time domain and spectral responses simultaneously in real-time. Ideally there would be some way to playback the real-time measured signal through the soundcard of the PC. This will be used as an aid to show the rough difference in output levels of different audio products.

I guess that my main requirements include;
- able to show real-time time/spectrum displays simultaneously
- able to hear the measured signal in real-time through the PC speakers

Hope you can help.

Many thanks.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

For looking at audio signals I would recommend our ADC-216 as this is built with audio in mind and is a high-resolution 16-bit unit.

It is a dual channel unit and would therefore enable you to see the difference between 2 inputs simultaneously. You could also then save the traces for viewing later.

You would not however be able to record, hear or process any actual audio as our software is not capable of playing or recording sound. You may be able to use a standard piece of audio software for this.

Hope this helps

Best Regards