I'm running windows 7 on a 64 bit, Intel i7 PC.
I am looking to collect data from a PT-104 Temperature Logger using a simple Java Program.
(running 32 bit Java, using 32 bit Eclipse IDE)
Ideally, I would use JNI to create a wrapper for the supplied C libraries, but I don't have any experience doing that yet.
- If someone could point me towards some good examples I would greatly appreciate it
In the short term, in order to get things up and running I thought I could simply monitor the Data File created by the PicoLog Program.
- This is something I have done frequently with other applications just to get things moving forward until I can directly interface with the equipment.
I have tried reading both the .prn and .txt output files and have run into the same issue.
- The PicoLog program stops writing to the file after I read it for the first time.
- It doesn't throw any errors it just stops writing to the file.
- I can set the PicoLog program up to start logging data again by overwriting the existing save file (using the spreadsheet display)
I am also encountering the Fatal Error 251 when using the PT-104 normally.
I have read this error is a result of an issue with not being installed on the admin account which I hope to get resolved in the next few days.
Has anyone else run into issues monitoring a PicoLog data file with an external program while it is being logged to?
Can anyone suggest a quick work around?
Could this problem be related to the Admin account issues?
My next best bet is to try my hand at C programming which I don't have much experience with yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,