Capturing a digital stream

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
asteroid

Capturing a digital stream

Post by asteroid »

Hi, i m newbie and i would like to record a digital stream 12Mhz data and clock to check if the data contained in the stream are ok. How To Do? I have a picoscope 6.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Aster.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Capturing a digital stream

Post by Martyn »

Which scope do you have, what type of digital data is it and do you wish to decode it or look to see if the signals are clean ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

asteroid

Post by asteroid »

Hi, i have a picoscope 6000, the stream is an SPI sequence clock and data at 12 mhz.

I need to capture about 500 ms/div but when i zoom the data stream resolution is very bad and it's not possible to see the bit sequence. Is there a way to capture 5 sec ?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

When running in streaming mode, where the trace scrolls across the screen, you will only see full detail momentarily when the trace completes and before the new one starts, or by stopping the capture and reviewing the buffers.

If you go to Tools->Preferences->Sampling and change the SlowSamplingTransition collection time to 1 s/div this will set your 500 ms/div collection, 5secs per screen, to block mode. In this mode it will capture a block of data before displaying it on the screen. If you zoom in on this trace you should always see the full detail.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager