Start/stop capturing controls unclear

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
MikeSparks

Start/stop capturing controls unclear

Post by MikeSparks »

Hi,
I'm finding it hard to be sure that Picoscope is going to capture. I'm using Repeat triggering mode with a trigger condition that only occurs once every few days. So I don't want to miss any trigger events due to finger trouble. No problems setting up the trigger condition itself, but the start/stop capture buttons in the bottom left corner are not so clear. In particular, it seems like clicking these buttons changes the backgroud of one button to blue (in other words, one of the two icons has a blue background). But this seems to be a toggle action: if I click the same button multiple times, the blue background moves to and fro between the buttons. I can see nothing else on the GUI that shows whether capture is active or stopped. I'd suggest (1) a clearer indication of stopped or capturing status (2) changing the action of these buttons so that a click can only turn that mode on, not toggle between modes
Regards
Mike
(I'm using 6.7.2 beta)

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Start/stop capturing controls unclear

Post by Martyn »

This is one button covering both the run, green arrow, and stop, red no entry, icons. Pressing anywhere in this area toggles the setting. For indication a blue frame around the green go means the scope is active and waiting to trigger, a blue square around the red stop means the scope is stopped.

We appreciate your comments, this choice of action is for historical reasons but it may change in the future, particularly as touch screens, and therefore bigger buttons, becomes more of a requirement.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager