I had a perfect plan for 3204A:
1. Set GEN to -2 V DC (ps3000aSetSigGenBuiltIn).
2. Call RunBlock.
3. Scope trigger is armed now.
4. Set GEN to +2 V DC (ps3000aSetSigGenBuiltIn again).
5. Use the GEN rising edge to trigger external equipment and produce scope trigger and input signals.
6. Wait for the acquisition to complete.
7. Get samples and save them to file.
But this failed with two separate problems:
1. "Acquisition completed" was indicated (either by polling or callback)
without external trigger actually occuring.
2. The captured waveform had no relation to the actual input signal;
basically a 7.8125 MHz square wave was obtained (1/16th of the 125 MHz sampling frequency).
The captured waveform amplitude did not depend on the input range used (either 500 mVpp or 5 Vpp).
Looks as if calling ps3000aSetSigGenBuiltIn right after ps3000aRunBlock
completely disturbed the acquisition process by:
a) falsely indicating that the acquisition was completed, and
b) causing a false waveform to be delivered.
Is there a working way of using the GEN output to indicate the scope armed status?