graphing using the PLW recorder on a client

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Drdaq user

graphing using the PLW recorder on a client

Post by Drdaq user »

Hi,

I'm usinf the DrDaq with two external temperature meters. The unit is on one PC (set up as server) and is tranmitting the data to another PC (client). Starting an running the PLW Recorder (version 5.11.6) on server and client also works fine.

But when I try to create a graph on the client I can not control the vertical axis. It insists on only showing a temperature range from -0,4 to +0,4 ot nothing at all. The graph runs without problems on the server.

What's the problem ?

Kind regards
Jorgen

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem.

When you open Picolog, go to the input channels, by Settings | Input channels. When you have the channel names displayed double click the channel name that is reading -0.4 to +0.4 and then select the Options button, when the channel information is displayed. Place a tick in the check box 'Use Parameter Format' now you can change the maximum and minimum values for the graph.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer

Post by Guest »

Mark,

Thanks for giving a shot at sthe problem. I've tried to as you say and this alters the chale un the graphs. But
1. all numbers on the scale disapears
2. when it let the cross-hair go over the emty graphs It appears as if the program now want the vertical axis yo point downwards (the lower you are in the graph, the higher the figure that ts read out in the top left hand coner og the graph.

I'm not feeling too mutch down over this problem as is is mostly a hobby project trying to let you great hard- and software work over a wireless link between server and client.

I look forward to read your next suggestion.

Kind regards,
Jorgen Christensen

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post, I am sorry that this didn't work.

Can you send us a file showing this problem to support@picotech.com so that we can see this for ourselves?

This will help us greatly.

Best Regards