Pt104 Ethernet Data Logger

Post your C and C++ discussions here
jthompso

Pt104 Ethernet Data Logger

Post by jthompso »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a PT-104 RTD data logger?

I have a PT-104 that functions fine over a USB port from a windows machine with picotech's recorder software. However, I need to make it work over ethernet from our Linux based EPICS control system here at the Diamond Light Source, Harwell. I have programmed an IP address and listening port into it using the ethernet settings tool and installed it on the network. It appears to power up properly (the LEDs light up), and I can ping the IP address successfully.

However, when I try to connect to the listening port using the picotech recorder tool, the tool crashes. This may be due to the fact that I'm trying to access the PT-104 from a different sub-net.

I was also hoping that I could connect using telnet and then use the commands listed in user guide document pt104.en-6. But telnet fails to connect, even from the same subnet. So I guess it is not a telnet style server.

In the end, I must write a linux EPICS driver for the device, so I guess what I'm asking for is the low level details of how to talk over ethernet to the PT-104. The source code for the Windows driver dll would also be helpful. Would it be possible to get any of this information?

Thanks,
Jon Thompson
Control Systems Software Engineer
Diamond Light Source.

Hitesh

Re: Pt104 Ethernet Data Logger

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jon,

Which version of the PicoLog Recorder software are you using? Is the device being powered via the USB cable or using Power over Ethernet?

We are unable to provide information on the packet format and the Windows driver source code. The only way to communicate with the device is using the PicoLog software or writing your own application on a Windows-based platform using the Software Development Kit.

Unfortunately, there is no Linux driver available for the PT-104 at the present moment but there may be one in the future.

Best regards,