Request: auto reconnect checkbox

Forum for discussing PicoLog
smaier69

Request: auto reconnect checkbox

Post by smaier69 »

Greetings all. We have had the CM3 recorder for a little while now and are pleased with the data it provides us.

I did, however, have one request which would (at least in our case) be of a huge benefit... the ability for the PicoLog software to attempt to reconnect without a human clicking the "Refresh" button.

whether it's the fault of the CM3 or our own network quirks, the software will lose connection ranging from every 30 minutes to 48 hours. It can be a drag to come to the computer and find out we only have 7 hours of samples over the last 3 days.

At any rate, I'm not a programmer, but I thought this to be a simple enough add-on to PicoLog that would greatly improve data aggregation over extended periods.

Cheers! :)

Hitesh

Re: Request: auto reconnect checkbox

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Have you setup the 'Auto Reconnection' dialog? If not, in PicoLog Recorder, click File -> Preferences -> Auto Reconnect

Tick the box and set a time interval as shown in the example below:
Auto Reconnect dialog
Auto Reconnect dialog
Auto Reconnect.png (18.98 KiB) Viewed 5213 times
Is the device powered via USB or Ethernet?

Regards,

smaier69

Post by smaier69 »

Hi,

Have you setup the 'Auto Reconnection' dialog? If not, in PicoLog Recorder, click File -> Preferences -> Auto Reconnect

Tick the box and set a time interval as shown in the example below:
Well, it's official... I'm an idiot :p

That being said, thank you for pointing me in the right direction! Seems that was the only place I didn't check.

Works as advertized! Thank you :)

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

No problem :lol:

Sometimes these things are hidden away in a place you'd least suspect...