ADC11 etc. digital output

Forum for discussing PicoLog
RickBeament

ADC11 etc. digital output

Post by RickBeament »

I'm really fed-up !!!!!
The initial "hey this is a really great product, and just what I needed" :D has just turned into a "how the heck am I going to do this" :?
I am doing long-term monitoring of comms equipment with an ADC11/10 and PicoLog, and I have set up a bunch of alarms with the intention of using the digital output as per the 'implied' functionality in the marketing blurb, to trigger an autodialler to call me out when something goes outside limits ...... a really, really useful function.
After spending a couple of hours trying to figure-out how to control the damned output, I've just discovered from other forum messages that it's not possible, and that you're not intending doing it !!!!
C'mon you guys - linking the alarm function to the digital output is really, really useful ........ put to one side the fact that I need it ....... it's just so useful ..... please, please consider adding the function on a future release. In the meantime, I just dont know how I'm going to implement this function ....... got any suggestions, other than "write your own software" (which I cant anyway !!!)

Rick :(

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this problem. Unfortunately, the only solution is the one you stated. Unless someone else on the forum has done it and willing to share there code.

I will put your suggestion to the developement team, but this does not mean it will be implemented.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer