Test and Measurement Forum

pico as a SPI bus logic analyser?

Which product is right for your exact requirements

pico as a SPI bus logic analyser?

Postby gtsoftware » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:10 am

I like the pico scope that I tried and wonder if a pico scope would be suitable for capturing a digital serial clocked bus (2 data 1 clock, 8 bit bytes with 18 bytes bits per message) over several seconds?

The timing is 1 byte taking 23ms, inter byte spacing of 27ms, between messages the lines are steady state. I want to be able to log and later read all the digital data over 10 seconds (ideally).

If so, which product from the range would you recommend?

Thanks
gtsoftware

Postby markspencer » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:12 am

Hi,

Thank you for your request. The unit that I would recommend to seen the signals would be a ADC-212/3. Unfortunately, I do not believe that it will do all that you want. The signals can be seem on the scope view, but no interpretation can be made by the software as to what the character on of the signal is.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer
markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: pico as a SPI bus logic analyser?

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:45 pm

gtsoftware wrote:I like the pico scope that I tried and wonder if a pico scope would be suitable for capturing a digital serial clocked bus (2 data 1 clock, 8 bit bytes with 18 bytes bits per message) over several seconds?

The timing is 1 byte taking 23ms, inter byte spacing of 27ms, between messages the lines are steady state. I want to be able to log and later read all the digital data over 10 seconds (ideally).

If so, which product from the range would you recommend?

Thanks

Return to Pre-Sales Advice