Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, the problem is easily repeatable, swapping of the channels occurs every couple of minutes, maybe in the range of 1 - 3 minutes, while a crash occurs maybe every 10 - 15 minutes in average, that's the reason why I can hardly use it right now. I guess you already noticed that it doesn't only affect the colours of the traces, but also the range, measurements etc. Btw, once the channel swapping occurs I can easily revert to a "normal display" by saving the current settings as start-up settings, close PicoScope and just restart it, without disconnecting the scope from the USB port. Of course that doesn't work in case of a crash.
I didn't had the chance yet to try it on another box, but so far my USB ports never caused a problem with any other device I am using (even though the scope is connected to a USB-3.0 port, I also use them with a couple of other USB-2.0 devices). Memory and CPU power shouldn't be a problem, my notebook is using an i7-2720QM with 8.0 GB of RAM.
As suggested by you, I will download a newer version of PicoScope and give it a try, even so I am afraid it won't make a difference as it doesn't seem to be a known bug or alike. I also took some random crash-logs in between, perhaps you can give me an email address so I can send them to you for further analysis.
One last note, over the last years I occasionally had crashes with the scope before, mainly when using long time scales in the range of 500 ms / division and above and at the same time changing the sampling rate, but I never had the problem that PicoScope swapped channels at random.
Thanks and looking forward to your reply.