PH Probe in seawater ( will it be ok )

Post any questions about our parallel port products
sbillett

PH Probe in seawater ( will it be ok )

Post by sbillett »

I am thinking of using the data logger with your supplied PH probe in a marine fishtank. Will the probe that you supply be useable long term.

I am aware that some probes are made of glass but it looks to me not to be glass. Also I would like to make it switch on and off a soliniod valve at some point. Do you have something that would help or am I going to have to bulit it my self.

mark

Post by mark »

The DrDaq would be most suitable for your application. You will be able to plug the pH probe directly into the unit and set an alarm condition so if the pH probe goes out of range. You could set the digital output of the DrDaq to switch your solenoid circuit on or off.

The pH proble should be ok in sea water. You may find that the probe will deteriate after long periods in situ, and will require regular re-calibration. Re-calibration requires two buffer solutions, exact instructions on how to do this can be found in the DrDaq manual.

Best Regards

mike

water

Post by mike »

can i put sea water from the sea fishtank

mike

water

Post by mike »

can i put seawater from the sea in my saltwater tank i live nexst to the sea

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Mike

We cannot offer advice on what water is suitable for aquariums.

We are aware of a customer, who is a user of this forum, who has developed an aquarium management system based on the DrDAQ and pH probe. Perhaps they will be able to help.

www.draquarium.com

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum