Limits of ASCII output?

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Ffeilcke

Limits of ASCII output?

Post by Ffeilcke »

Hi,

it seems there is am Limit of 1048580 Values(Lines) for the .cvs or .txt export. Is this on purpose? This is kind of a waste, as this limits you to 1MS resolution...
If this is a hard Limit of Windows, why not save the Data in several subsequent files?

My problem for example is, that i want to record a 500ms initialisation phase of a bus signal. With 1MS i have a resolution of 5µs. As one bit is about 4-6µs long i only get rubbish. With 10MS (or 100MS) it would work just nicely.

Hitesh

Re: Limits of ASCII output?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

This is due to the limit of the number of lines in Excel.

Thank you for the suggestion - I have raised it as a feature enhancement for PicoScope.

Regards,

ronen.lif

Post by ronen.lif »

Hello
Has this ever been resolved? I am experiencing a similar problem; nice long waveforms stored as ".psdata", yet no simple way loading complete data outside pico-scope...
I am confident that I'll find a quick-and-dirty bypass very soon, but this is really annoying. Other than that - I love my picoscope!
- R

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

You can use mat format export although, as we have just been informed by Mathworks, there is a hard limit of 100MS per channel for the MAT4 format we use.

We are currently looking at other formats, and options for data exporting, having just released a 2GS scope.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager