Serial Decoding Window

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
KevinS

Serial Decoding Window

Post by KevinS »

Hello Community,

First time using PicoScope 6 with the PicoScope 2205MSO. I searched the help forums and videos, but can't seem to find an answer.

My novice query:
I am decoding a signal from my RS485. In the Serial Decoding Window I see the Data Bytes to my packet. However, I wanted to make the data bytes more readable by using the "Link" button, but can't seem to make it work. I clicked on the "+" button for it creates a sample spreadsheet in excel. I don't know what the formatting is suppose to be in the spreadsheet.

Default Columns Created:
Start Bit | Start Bit Description | Data bytes | Data bytes Description | Parity Bit | Parity Bit Description | Stop Bit |Stop Bit Description

What I entered:
My Data Byte is "AA" in hex and I want the Description to be "Sync1"

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong or know the correct formatting to link the description to the data btye from excel?

Thank you

JJHawg

Re: Serial Decoding Window

Post by JJHawg »

Thanks for this post; I hadn't yet discovered this nice feature...

I found some info in the "Serial Data window" Help page that says,

".... enter "41" in the first column and "Headlights On" in the second."

Given the template spreadsheet that was created, this doesn't make sense, but see what happens.

Also, consider removing the header row from the template file.

I will try this myself at the first opportunity...

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I came across the same help page and tried a variety of ways in setting up the excel template, but still left clueless. Some combinations I've tried are with and without the header from the template. Their example "41" and "Headlights On", with and without the quotes and in different columns. With my data "AA" and "Sync1". However, still does not link to my serial decoding window. Any luck on your end?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

There is an issue with this feature which is currently being worked on by the development team.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager