Opening .PLW files error

Forum for discussing PicoLog
jimstrongwalker

Opening .PLW files error

Post by jimstrongwalker »

Hi,

I have some .PLW files which I recorded recently but now can't seem open them in PicoLog recorder.

When I open PicoLog recorder, click 'File', 'Open' and select a relevant .PLW file it says 'settings not selected yet' but states the sample size of the file. I cannot see any of the actual data.

If I open the .PLW files in notepad it appears to be missing the lines of code at the bottom which correspond to the settings. Lines which are visible in other .PLW files which work correctly.

I assume when I acquired the .PLW files there was some corruption and the settings weren't saved. Does this mean I wont be able to get the data on these files? I have tried cutting and pasting the settings code from other .PLW files but all I get then is a 'invalid file format' error.

Thanks

Jim Walker
University of Bristol

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Opening .PLW files error

Post by Martyn »

I suggest you contact the team at support@picotech.com and hopefully they will be able to help you. Just send in the corrupt file, and a working file with the same settings, and they should be able to stitch them together for you.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager