Can picoscope 2204 be used as DAQ??

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
Ironman2012

Can picoscope 2204 be used as DAQ??

Post by Ironman2012 »

Hello

I am doing digital spectrum analyzer.I just want to ask if I can use pico2204 to do DAQ and use Labview to do FFT,Octave analysis,signal generator,..etc

Thank you

BenQ_5

Re: Can picoscope 2204 be used as DAQ??

Post by BenQ_5 »

i don´t know why nobody is interesting in topic like the use of the picoscope... i need to know the answer too.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Yes it can.

All you need to do is to use the driver to set up the scope to capture the signals at the rate you require. Any processing of this data is up to your application. This is exactly what our PicoScope6 software does. Details and programming examples are available in the appropriate SDK.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Ironman2012

Post by Ironman2012 »

Hi Martyn

Im still confused about setting up the picoscope 2204 to read analog inputs from channel A and B. Would you please give me an labview example which will read analog input from channel A and B then do FFT or display waveforms???

Thank you

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Go to http://www.picotech.com/software.html and select the "PicoScope 2204" at Step 1 and then the "Software Development Kit" at Step 2 and you will have the sdk for the device. Included in this is a ps2000_fast_stream.vi and a PS2000_Block.llb

These will show you how to communicate, retrieve data, and display a waveform in LabView.

However you will need to write code for FFT yourself or find some suitable code on the web.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager