I have recently received the picoscope 3205. I am using it on a WinXP SP2 Laptop.
From the outset of using it the PicoScope software would intermittently loose connection with the scope. I would have to shutdown the software, disconnect the scope from the USB port, reconnect the scope and restart the software.
This happens every 30 minutes or so.
Thinking it may be a SP2 or PC problem I changed to a XP SP1 desktop PC. The same issues were apparent.
Now, after less than a total of 5 hours of use the scope has died. The probes were connected to the scope, but not connected to anything else at the time.
None of the PC's I have tried now 'discover' the scope when it is connected to the USB port. I get no 'New USB Device' sound or notices. It is to all appearances dead.