PS3000a

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
fungus421

PS3000a

Post by fungus421 »

Hello,

I've purchased the picoscope 3206B and I can't get the trigger to work. At first, I tried with the Simple trigger function, but always got the wrong source error. The same happens with the example for Labview that I downloaded from the Software page. Is there a problem with this function?

fungus421

Re: PS3000a

Post by fungus421 »

Also, when I try to set the individual functions, I get an error in the status of my RunBlock function (error 44, decimal) and also in my getValues function (error 70, decimal), the last one says that dataBuffer was not set and the first one is not actually in the programmers guide, but I found it in some other guide: "2C PICO_TRIGGER_ERROR ETS is set but no trigger has been set. A trigger setting is required for ETS." (from pico series 5000).

I am programming in Python and I would love to post the code if it is necessary, but it'll be nice if someone could tell me if they have tried the PicoScope3000aExampleBlock.vi and it hasnt give any error related to the Source (channel). And also if anyone has made the trigger work properly for this PicoScope.

Thank you very much.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Please contact support directly at support@picotech.com as there is a later driver which addresses triggering issues. This should be available on the web very soon as part of the sdk R10.4.1.8
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

fungus421

Post by fungus421 »

Thank you for your quick answer, I'll write them.

fungus421

Post by fungus421 »

Hello Martyn,

Now the function SetSimpleTrigger works in Labview with that .dll you sent me. But I'm still having some issues with the other three trigger functions. Do you know about any possible cause?

Thank you in advance,

Alejandra

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Check the values of the parameters that you are passing to the trigger functions it may be that they are not what is expected.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager