multiplier error?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
larryt40

multiplier error?

Post by larryt40 »

I have a PicoScope 3204B running the latest PicoScope6 software. I have a digital data stream that I generated using the AWG by entering a bit representation. I set the frequency to 4 kHz. However the display on the scope shows that the signal has a period of around 25us instead of 250 us. This should not be an aliasing issue but it just might be.

I orignially made the reference frequency 5 kHz and got the result that suggested an aliasing issue so I changed to 4 kHz with no resolution (no pun intended) to the problem.

Please let me know what you suggest. If I could have made the signal a fraction of a kHz off I could avoid this potential problem but the AWG just allows integer values.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Larry

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: multiplier error?

Post by Martyn »

The frequency specified for the generator will apply to the whole buffer, and not an individual cycle within it, so this may be the effect you are seeing. Therefore can you supply some more details about your signal and how many cycles it has, and if possible export the file and post here or at support@picotech.com
Martyn
Technical Support Manager