This is what I did (in XP and older systems). There may be other ways.
- Make your settings.pls read only with the File Explorer.
- Right click settings.pls and choose "Open With".
- Select "C:\Program Files\... \ PLW.exe
- Check "Always use this program to open..." (Or what it is called in the English language (mine is Danish))
- End the dialogues with OK.
Now when you double click at the "Setting.pls" that now has become a small Pico icon, PicoLog will always start with the settings that it had before you made it "read only".
The backside is that if you wish to change some parameters permanently, you have to make the PLS read only file writeable before you open it.
This is maybe a very unauthorized method, but it works for me.
Usually I do minor modifications (e.g. changing formula or constants) direct in the .pls file by means of a Text editor, but I think that Pico do not approve that, as just one small error may cause the PLW.EXE to crash fairly easy.
If you try that: Always keep a back-up of the original settings file.
/ Best regards