parallel port adapter

Post any questions about our parallel port products
spannerhand1

parallel port adapter

Post by spannerhand1 »

Hi all i have just brought my first scope its secondhand and only a adc 212 but it a starting point im struggling to get it to work i have downloaded pico 6 but it doesnt recognise the scope is connected via the pico usb parallel port adapter my laptop is running windows xp just wondering if any one could possibly help me sort it out.

thanks Ian

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: parallel port adapter

Post by Martyn »

Picoscope 6 will not work with the ADC212, instead you need to go to http://www.picotech.com/software.html and select the ADC212 at Step 1 and you will be presented with a list of software that will work with the device.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

spannerhand1

Post by spannerhand1 »

Hi thanks for your quick reply i have down loaded compatable software but when i start up pico it is sayind adc212 not found i have set it up for usb via the converter setting any ideas
thanks ian

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

During installation of PicoScope 5, dd you select the port as USB-PP1? If not, please reinstall the software.

After installation, connect the parallel port adaptor first to the USB port on your PC and wait for for the driver to install - do not connect the ADC-212 to it.

Confirm that Device Manager shows a Pico Parallel Port under Universal Serial Bus controllers, then follow the following steps:
  • Connect the ADC-212 to the Parallel Port Adaptor.
  • Start PicoScope 5, then click File -> Setup -> Converter
  • Set the options in the ADC Selection dialog as below, then click 'OK'.
    ADC Selection dialog.
    ADC Selection dialog.
    ADC_Selection.png (19.22 KiB) Viewed 21195 times
  • Restart PicoScope 5 when prompted.

toneyal

Post by toneyal »

I have a eMachine Model EL 1352G with USB ports but no parallel port. I am trying to get my ADC 212/100 going on it. Can you suggest a USB to Parallel port adapter? :idea:

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi,

Please refer to the following thread - there is some text providing guidance:

http://www.picotech.com/support/post278 ... ort#p27817

Regards,