SPI/UART decoding is great, but ...

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
prwatPico

Re: SPI/UART decoding is great, but ...

Post by prwatPico »

Martyn

any news - I am very keen to progress this asap.
Peter Willis
Development Director
Howard Eaton Lighting Ltd

ka05

Post by ka05 »

I am considering buying the Picoscope 3205 MSO, but before I buy it I would like to understand if it meets my requirements. One of the uses will be to use the oscilloscope to debug UART communication protocols (baudrates varying from 31,250 up to 600,000, mostly "non-standard" baudrates.)

While playing around with the PicoSoftware (PicoScope® 6 - PC Oscilloscope software version: 6.6.50.3), I noticed that in the serial decoding option, there exists a dropdown list containing "standard" baudrates upto 115,200. There is no option to enter custom baudrates.

Is it possible to decode these "non-standard" baudrates? If yes, then how could I use the Picoscope 3205 MSO to decode a serial communication at 230,400 baud?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you select UART decoding on a channel, the software will try and work out the baud rate of the signal it sees. It may pick up your 230,400 baud by default, but if not you will then have the option to enter a setting.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ka05

Post by ka05 »

Thanks Martyn! I hadn't realized that one could type in a value in the Serial decoding -> baud rate dropdown box.