ADC-24, Order of outputs shifted??

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
TSmart

ADC-24, Order of outputs shifted??

Post by TSmart »

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to use LabView with the ADC-24 to continuously log a series of voltages from a scanning unit. I have tried a range of conversion and sampling times however I intend to use a 60ms conversion time with a 1000ms sampling time. After a single reading for each of the 16 channels is taken I switch the digital outputs and wait a short delay (100ms although I have tried other values) before repeating the process. This is done for each possible combination of digital outputs on a continuous loop. However after approximately 4 full cycles the order of the values receives appears to shift about 4 places so that the last 4 readings become the first 4. This shift only happens once no matter how long the program runs and occurs every time, although how soon after commencing the program appears to vary.

Also if I try to increase number of readings per channel in the same sampling period the shift does not occur, however the readings erratically jump to incorrect values. This all makes processing the data very confusing so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Hitesh

Re: ADC-24, Order of outputs shifted??

Post by Hitesh »

Hi TSmart,

Would it be possible to post your code here or e-mail it to support@picotech.com please?

It would also be useful to know the version of the picohrdl.dll being used by the Call Function Library Nodes in the code (right-click the dll and select Properties, then select the Details tab) and whether it is a 32-bit or 64-bit version.

Regards,