Picoscope 4225 + LabVIEW

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
sagarshinde

Picoscope 4225 + LabVIEW

Post by sagarshinde »

Hello,

I am using Picoscope 4225 and LabVIEW SDK for PS4000A. I can open, close and even get data using Picoscope4000a.llb from LabVIEW development environment.
When i created executable of my LabVIEW project and tried to run it, I am unable to read data. I tried running exe on the same computer where I created it(means having LabVIEW development environment), and I can read unit info from exe but while executing Get Streaming Values.vi it is giving an error. Error code 5012-Invalid handle.

I tried debugging and it seems that in the VI- get Streaming Values.vi, dll call of ps4000awrap.dll for function 'Is Ready' is giving error(used in while loop) and it is continued. However, as I said, everything works fine from code.
To avid issues due to file path mismatch, I kept all file paths for dll as constant, 'C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\resource', in the code.
Please find attached image which shows where error is occurring.
Note:- I inserted indicators at different locations on error wire and created exe of the code. After running exe, I observed for error codes in different indicators and found that this VI is giving error in exe mode.

Can someone suggest me why this is happening and how to rectify it?

Thanks,
Sagar
Attachments
Error.png

Hitesh

Re: Picoscope 4225 + LabVIEW

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sagar,

What is the value of handle when calling the IsReady function using the exe?

Have you tried placing the ps4000a, ps4000aWrap and picoipp dll files in the same directory as the exe file?

Regards,

sagarshinde

Post by sagarshinde »

Hello Hitesh,

The value of handle when calling the IsReady function using the exe is 16384. Even after generating error, handle value remains 16384.

Yes, I tried placing ps4000a, ps4000aWrap and picoipp dll files in the same directory as the exe file. Even I placed them in SYSWOW64 and system32 folders as well. They are already present in LabVIEW 14 \resources folder. I restarted machine after placing them in system folders, but in vein.

Thanks,
Sagar

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sagar,

Could you please e-mail support@picotech.com as we may look to test your exe.

Thanks,