urgent help: ps3000_stop()

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
teck
Active User
Active User

urgent help: ps3000_stop()

Post by teck »

hi all,

how long does it takes for the command ps3000_stop() to execute itself?
I am doing an automation and needs to repeat the collection of data every 500ms using fast streaming mode in C++, but after calling ps3000_stop() the execution of this command itself takes approx 720ms.
Does this command itself takes that long to execute? What can i do to reduce the timing?

From what i know i need to stop the device before retriving the data so what can i do to go around the stopping of the device or reducing the time involved?

Hope to hear a reply soon cos its really urgent!

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

It currently takes 700ms for the device to reset itself when streaming has been stopped. We will look into this and see if the time can be reduce.

Unfortunately, I am unable to give you a time scale when this would be available.

Best regards,
Mark S.
Regards,

Mark Spencer

teck
Active User
Active User

Post by teck »

does that apply to all picoscopes with regards to the stop command? how do i overcome this delay then?

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The 700 ms delay is only applicable to the PicoScope3000 series devices that support fast streaming, these are PS3224, PS3223, PS3424 and PS3423.

The PS5000 does not have this overhead but the driver has not been released to external engineers. This will happen in the future but no time scale can be given.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer