ADC-11 controlling the digital output

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
jwb

ADC-11 controlling the digital output

Post by jwb »

I am using an ADC11 on XP with software I've developed using Delphi 5. However, when the computer boots up, the output gets turned on, and even when turned off programmatically, other events (such as opening My Computer and running Paint) turn it on. I realise this must be because Windows is polling/accessing the parallel port and the ADC-11 just passes this output. I am trying to use the output to control an external device and I can't have it turning on all the time when not desired.

Surely if an output is to be used, it will be to drive an external device of some kind, so having such loose control over it makes it considerable less usable. Does anyone have any suggestions for solving this?

Many thanks.

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

The digital out is set to high when the ADC-11 is connected to the PC.

I have tried this on our XP machine and the Digital Out goes hi when you first make a connection and then will toggle between on and off if the function is called with 1 or 0 respectively.

The digital out will also stay high if not set to low when before exiting.

I have not been able to duplicate the same problems you are having, but I do not believe it is linked to our function calls. It could be possible that you have other equipment that is looking for the LTP port, such as a printer.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer