Saving settings?

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
ariaaudio
Active User
Active User

Saving settings?

Post by ariaaudio »

This should be easy. Once I have my settings set, can I save them as defaults for the next time the scope software launches? My old hardware scope had that functionality - knobs.
-- mike elliott

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving settings?

Post by alan »

ariaaudio wrote:This should be easy. Once I have my settings set, can I save them as defaults for the next time the scope software launches? My old hardware scope had that functionality - knobs.
No problem - go to the File menu then select save settings. Next time you load it start up with these settings

If you want to save multiple settings then choose File then Save As and change the file type to settings file. You can then save lots of different setup files - to use them just load them back from the File menu again.

Regards
Alan

PS This is for PicoScope 5, if you are using PicoScope 6 then apologies!

ariaaudio
Active User
Active User

Post by ariaaudio »

Oh -- you mean the "Save Settings" that was right in front of me? Yeah -- thanks.

Two followup questions:

1. After doing "Save Settings," will PS default to those the next time it launches?

2. How about File > Save As > Settings (.PSS)? The online Picoscope User Guide PDF doesn't mention this option. Same thing?
-- mike elliott

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by alan »

Two followup questions:

1. After doing "Save Settings," will PS default to those the next time it launches?

- correct.

2. How about File > Save As > Settings (.PSS)? The online Picoscope User Guide PDF doesn't mention this option. Same thing?[/quote]

- when the software starts it loads the settings.pss file. This is normally created using "save settings" as above. If you wish to load a different settings file select File > Open then choose one of the .pss files you have previously saved.

Regards
Alan

ariaaudio
Active User
Active User

Post by ariaaudio »

Thank you.
-- mike elliott