Frequency measurement with the ADC11-12

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Hi All
reading through the help files I don't see any info with regards to configuration of the call dll file ... so how do you measure frequency ? if you have a sample VI's or some pointers to guide me I'd appreciate the help.

TIA
Thomas

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Could somebody please dangle a big fat juicy carrot for me on this topic...

Thomas

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

If you do a custom install of our software then you will find example files to show how the function calls work etc. This should get you started.

Best Regards

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Hi Sarah
with regards to the LV examples and I've looked at them for the past few weeks, the adc_11single.vi examples works just fine for an Analog signal, however upon inspection of the routines in the "Call Library Function" under the menu "Function name" I don't see anything that stands out with regards to my question... there's many more "function names" listed than whats described in the ADC11/22 Manual v1.0 also the included Help file says very little about this when searching for the word "freq" nothing that I can see anyway.... did I miss something ?

Could you please be more detailed about what to call in the function name and how to go about this or show an example thats using Frequency in a vi because the 3 examples don't appear to show me what I'm looking for.

I'd surely appreciate some help with this ...

Regards
Thomas

matwelli

Post by matwelli »

Hi, I would also apreciate if is some guidance or a specific example could be given for fequency measurement in labview.

Is there an example vi avalable that details this ? or maybe a bit more detail on setting up the dll call function.

Any help would be apreciated

Mat

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

There aren't any examples available unfortunately showing frequency in Labview.

Our units return raw data values and as such all calculations need to be written into the software. There are no set functions to return the frequency of the input and so you will need to write the code to calculate this from the raw data.

Best Regards

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

I'm not looking for the source code here but could you tell us how its done in Picolog when you call the dll , perhaps that will give some insight to the inner workings .... I'm thinking it must be one or more of the function names listed from the dll .
you will need to write the code to calculate this from the raw data.

I'd be happy with raw data and some calculations external to the dll that should get something happening.

Thomas

[/quote]

BentRods
Active User
Active User

Post by BentRods »

Sarah
I've put a lot of effort in this VI do you think that its possible to look at or provide a header file for the adc1132.dll . This header file will describe the various functions and what are the arguments and return value.

Thomas