Save csv file on each trigger

Which product is right for your exact requirements
laycockm

Save csv file on each trigger

Post by laycockm »

Hi,
I want to capture an analog signal event lasting less than a second with a frequency response of DC to 400Hz and a voltage range of +0.4 to +4.5 Volts. I am able to supply an external trigger immediately before the event starts.
The operating conditions are harsh and the equipment including a Toughbook PC will be in a closed pelican-style case during capture events. Being unable to monitor the captured signals as they occur; I want the software to save a csv file of the captured data each time I supply an external trigger (and not overwriting previously saved captures).
I am looking for a small USB digital oscilloscope, with Windows software capable of performing this task.
What equipment/software do you suggest?

Hitesh

Re: Save csv file on each trigger

Post by Hitesh »

Hi laycockm,

The PicoScope 6 oscilloscope software has a feature to save on trigger so you can use this to export the data to csv file:

Please note that there will be a certain amount of dead time while the software writes the data to disk and the scope is re-armed for the next capture.

Depending on the resolution and sampling rate required you may wish to look at one of the PicoScope 2000 Series oscilloscopes to start with.

Regards,