4 channel in Picoscope 5000series

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Mar

4 channel in Picoscope 5000series

Post by Mar »

Hi,

I'd like to buy Picoscope 5000series because it has a signal generator, but I also need 4 channel at the oscilloscope but it only has 2 channel.
What can I do? Is it possible use a picoscope5000 in conjuction with other picoscope(3000series or 5000series) with 2 channel.
In this way, if I connect 2 picoscope with 2 channel to PC, can I measure 4 channels simultaneously?

Thanks in advance

Post by Guest »

Peco,

I would like to capture 4,6 or 8 channels but I need to trigger from a single source. I need to watch the signals on multiple independant sources all tiggered from, again, an independant source. My time domain is very short, 2us, but i need lots of data points.

I am very concerned that your scopes will not manage this as I see no other option except Cleverscope. Not too sure I want to go there again.

Can your Pecoscopes do this kind of thing?

Regards
Mr Greyson. MSc

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your posts.

In response to the first post, you cannot currently use multiple units in Picoscope and so if you need 4 channels you will need to use the PS3424 and a different signal generator. Likewise, 4 channels cannot be obtained by using 2 x 2 channel scopes at the same time in Picoscope.

Picolog does support multiple units in Real Time Continuous mode but this will limit you to 1ms sampling intervals.

In response to the second post, you would need to use the PS3424, 4 channel scope. You could then trigger from any one of these channels. You could not have any more channels and still trigger.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Rob Denford

Using 2 or more units in parallel

Post by Rob Denford »

I'm also looking at having the flexibility of gathering up a few units, and using them in parallel every now and then. A solution would be good.
Thanks!

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by alan »

To clarify, the PicoScope 5000 has an AUX IO connector on the back which can be used to synchronise multiple units. In this way you can use 2 PicoScope 5000 units to give 4 channels and so on.

Please note however, although the hardware is present on all units sold it will be some time before this function is supported in PicoScope. When support is added it will be a free upgrade.

Alan