the speed to get the peak to peak value of waveform

Which product is right for your exact requirements
yrlin

the speed to get the peak to peak value of waveform

Post by yrlin »

I need to measure the waeform peak to peak value continuously with ADC212/3. In software drver, is there a function which return the waeform peak to peak value like the measurement function in TEK TDS series scope .
What I concerned is the speed. I could get the complete waveform into PC through printer port and calculate it's peak to peak value. How long will it take to transfer the waveform? :?:
Thanks

markspencer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by markspencer »

Hi,

We provide a driver with functions that have to be set up in the correct order so that you can sample at a specified rate. There are several functions to retrieve readings, which will allow single readings, single readings with time, block readings of values and block readings with times and values. The time is returned in microticks and can be used to calculate frequency, the values in ADC counts which can then be converted into peak to peak voltage.

To transfer the data from the ADC212/3 to the PC is dependent on the windows clock and the number of stored samples ... this operation usually takes approx 50ms.

You are not able to measure the wave form continuously due to this download period. If you require more samples to be taken to increase the period of sampling you would need to have an ADC212/50 or ADC212/100 these each have 128k per channel. Whereas the ADC212/3 has 32k and is divided between both channels when they are both active.

Best regards,
Regards,

Mark Spencer