Pico 4224 IEPE with ICP pressure sensor

Which product is right for your exact requirements
bushjavier

Pico 4224 IEPE with ICP pressure sensor

Post by bushjavier »

Hi,

I want to connect the 111A21 ICP pressure transducer, from PCB Piezoelectronic, we will measure dynamic pressures, from the Pico 4224, i read that the ICP is equal to IEPE, so i think i can connect the pressure transducer directly. Please confirm if that is true. Check the specs of the pressure transducer.

http://www.pcb.com/products/model/111a21/item_id/14073

Thanks!

:)

Hitesh

Re: Pico 4224 IEPE with ICP pressure sensor

Post by Hitesh »

Hi bushjavier,

Referring to the User Guide for the PicoScope 4224 IEPE, when 'used in the IEPE Interface Mode, the connector outputs are rated at 4 mA (up to 24 V)' so this should be ok with the 111A21 ICP Pressure Transducer.

Regards,

mous
User
User

Post by mous »

Hi,
I have a PicoScope3424. I want to use a pcb ICP accelerometer whose data you can find below.
https://www.pcb.com/spec_sheet.asp?m=350c03

I guess there is no IEPE Interface Mode for PicoScope 3000 Series. I am wondering if I can still use PicoScope3424 without damaging my accelerometer.

Thanks in advance.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

I can't access that link, but in principal yes. The 3424 would not be able to power the accelerometer so you would need to do this by another means, but by using AC coupling you would get similar operation to our 4224 IEPE scope
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

mous
User
User

Post by mous »

Hi,
In the specifications of the accelerometer, they emphasize that the readout device should have built-in ICP power source with the following:
Excitation Voltage:20 to 30 VDC and Constant Current Excitation:2 to 20 mA.
The Output Impedance of my accelerometer is ≤200 Ohm and output bias voltage is 11V (taken from calibration certificate).
I am wondering if PicoScope3424 satisfies these requirements.

Thanks in advance.