Pico Signal to FFT?

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
bpham

Pico Signal to FFT?

Post by bpham »

Hello, I am attempting to use a pico 5000 series to capture a signal and then apply FFT. I am using rapidblock and changing the data type to Analog waveform using sampling intervals as described in the Programmer's Guide. However I am not arriving at my expected FFT. I'm using a 2MHz signal on channel A, triggering on channel B which is connected to my function generator sync. Previously I was using a NI VirtualBench.

Hitesh

Re: Pico Signal to FFT?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi bpham,

Have you tried replicating the setup using the PicoScope 6 software to see if the same issue occurs?

You can collect the rapid block data using a scope view, then click Views -> Add View -> Spectrum to add a spectrum plot.

Could you please clarify what is meant by:
changing the data type to Analog waveform
Regards,

bpham

Post by bpham »

I was able to correct my issue and arrive at my FFT. I have attached how I took the pico output to create an output waveform. However, I read in the programmers guide that the output is scaled to 16 bits. Is this correct? I am using the 15 bits limit for 2 channels.
Attachments
PicoToWaveform.JPG

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi bpham,

Yes the ADC count that is returned from the driver is a 16-bit value irrespective of the resolution that has been selected.

Regards,