Picolog displays incorrect voltages with ADC101

Forum for discussing PicoLog
montron
User
User

Post by montron »

I haven't used the ADC101 for a few years. I have a project now that I need to log some voltage information. I downloaded & installed the latest version 5.15.6 on a WinXP system. I'm using the LPT1 port which is configured for normal operation (not ECP) with the standard 25pin D cable that I used years ago on a WinME system.

The static voltage readings fluctuate between 0 and 2.94v when no voltage is applied. When voltage is applied & ramped up, the display will ramp from 0 to 2.94v then back to 0, and ramp again to 2.94v this continues up to the upper logging limit +25v DC.

I found on the forum where another user had the same problem. The suggestion was that the parallel port was set to ECP instead of normal. Unfortunately this hasn't fixed the problem in my case.

Picoscope functions are operating properly with voltage readings all correct.

Any suggestions?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The ADC-101 is a very old unit which we can only support to a certain extent. I believe that this requires the adaptor for incompatible parallel ports in the same way that the ADC-100 does. Are you using this adaptor?

Best Regards

montron
User
User

Post by montron »

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not using any adaptor, just the 25pin D connector cable from PC to convertor. What is the adaptor for and where can I get one?

I'm probably going to upgrade the ADC101 if this testing procedure works out OK. What unit would you recommend to replace the ADC101?

Regards

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

To replace the ADC-101 I would recommend the PS2202 as this is USB, powerful and still low cost.

You can get an adaptor from ourselves. Please contact our sales team for more information on obtaining one.

Best Regards