Using with Matlab 64 bit on Linux

Post your MATLAB discussions here
giltech

Using with Matlab 64 bit on Linux

Post by giltech »

I have successfully got the scope running under 64bit Matlab on windows, however I do most of my work on linux and have to boot into windows to use scope with Matlab, how easy, or difficult would it be to get it working on Linux

Hitesh

Re: Using with Matlab 64 bit on Linux

Post by Hitesh »

Hi giltech,

I've just responded to your other post about the ps3000aSetBandwidthFilter.

The main difference is that the Instrument Driver will require the use of different prototype and thunk files in conjunction with the Linux drivers. We will be providing support for 64-bit versions of MATLAB on Linux in due course.

You will also need to have downloaded the libps3000a and libpswrapper packages (see http://www.picotech.com/linux.html).

If you e-mail in as requested in that post, we can provide the required files for you to run on Linux.

Are you using MATLAB 2014b?

Regards,

giltech

Post by giltech »

I've replied through on email a few minutes ago, thanks for your help! I am using the latest Matlab yes R2014b

eoelker

Post by eoelker »

Hi,
I am also trying to do this. Where can I find these different prototype and thunk files?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi eolker,

The Windows SDK installer does have prototype and thunk files for some Instrument Drivers for Linux platforms but it will be better if you e-mail support@picotech.com indicating which PicoScope device you are using and we will make these files available to you.

Regards,