Scope 5244A & Labview 64bit Runtime Engine

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
waynerandall

Scope 5244A & Labview 64bit Runtime Engine

Post by waynerandall »

I am using 4 of the 5244A scopes in a project that is using TestStand 2014 64bit and Labview 2015 64bit. In the development environment all is working as expected but when I try and use the Labview Runtime engine I can no longer access the ps5000a.dll and I get errors in TestStand .

I have tried building a standalone Labview executable, to remove TestStand from the problem, with just one call to PicoScope5000aOpen.vi which builds ok but when run the .exe it can not access the ps5000a.dll, but again is OK in the development environment.

I have copied the ps5000a.dll to the Labview resource directory as well as the user, system32, sysWOW directories just in case there was a path issue but nothing is working.

Any help at this stage would help me out no end.

Thanks in advance.

Hitesh

Re: Scope 5244A & Labview 64bit Runtime Engine

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Wayne,

Are you including the 64-bit picoipp.dll?

The driver should be located if you have installed the PicoSDK 64-bit version as the location (C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\SDK\lib) will be added to the Windows PATH environment variable so you should not need to place them in the system32 and sysWOW directories.

Any screenshots of error messages might be helpful.

Regards,

waynerandall

Post by waynerandall »

These are a few screen grabs of my problem.
TestStand No Error
TestStand No Error
TestStand Runtime Engine with error
TestStand Runtime Engine with error
PicoOpen VI
PicoOpen VI
I have removed any other ps500a.dll's from all directories except (C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\SDK\lib)

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Wayne,

I will respond via your e-mail support ticket.

Regards,