sampling speed

cxe

sampling speed

Post by cxe »

Hi,
I have an EL005 + EL041 connected to a sensor with a 4...20mA output. I connected the 4..20mA with a 2.2ohm shunt resistor to an input of the EL041, so I have a max signal of about 44mV. The system works, but I would like to ask a couple of questions:

1. is it possible to increase the sampling speed? Now it is 1 reading/minute, I need 1 reading per second or at least 1 every 10 second

2. could I scale the output of the sensor so I can see the right engineering units instead of the mV?

Regards

Fred

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Fred

Thank you for your post.

The EL041 does not support scaling, however the EL037 converter does and will enable you to connect a 4-20mA signal.

If you want to increase the sampling speed however, you will need an entirely different system. The Enviromon system cannot sample faster than once per minute so you would need a different data logger and Picolog software. This software also supports scaling.

I recommend looking at the ADC-20 data logger as this will suit your input and sampling needs.

Best Regards

Usman

Need faster sampling rate for door switch

Post by Usman »

Just found out that EL005 fastest sampling rate is once per minute.
I need faster sample rate for recording door switch open/close state which range fall in range between 20 - 40 seconds.
Kindly advice product suitable for that purpose.

Will appreciate your prompt response.

Rgds.
Usman

usman
User
User

Faster Sampling rate

Post by usman »

pls. also send reply to my email : usman@ptgrowthasia.com for my
above query.

Thank you for your support.

Rgds
Usman

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,
YOu would need to consider a different product such as the ADC11.

Please check our website for futher information.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

usman
User
User

Part No.

Post by usman »

Thanks for the information, hope to get more detail explanation.
I learnt that ADC11 have no power supply, neither battery since here powers is frequently blackout, it will be much better if there is a battery powered and own memory feature.
If available please advice complete list part no. including logger/sensor/switch/cable that fit my need ie. fast sample rate, high sensitivy, battery backup power, own memory and PC networking something like mix of EL005 + ADC11
if above spec is not available, pls advice whether EL001 + switch is also work on ADC11 (I already bought one) ? if not please update me which part no shall I order for recording open/close activity that work on ADC11 including cabling, etc ?

Rgds.
Usman

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

You will need to email support@picotech.com

Please outline your exact requirements in your email and we will be able to help you.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum