Which picoscope to choose?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
JJJ

Which picoscope to choose?

Post by JJJ »

Hi,

There is dozens of different usb scopes and I wonder what to choose. I have never had any pc based scopes. I need a small device used mostly for testing and troubleshooting 2.5MHz network. Devices are outdoors so weather conditions can sometimes be hard.
Any recommendations of Pico devices?

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Which picoscope to choose?

Post by alan »

Hi,

Its a difficult question to answer without knowing more about your application. The 2.5MHz network you mention is not really that fast so to just observe a waveform any PicoScope 2000 series should be OK. These come in 2 & 4 channel versions depending on how many signals you need to observe at once.

If you want to capture the data for longer time periods (many cycles of data) or to decode it assuming its a protocol we support then look at one of the products with deep memory such as the PicoScope 2000B series or 3000 series.

As for outdoor use they are not IP rated so need the same precautions as a normal laptop or phone. Having said that they have one USB wire going in and one wire per channel out (as well as being small) so if required could be run in a waterproof enclosure or even just covered with a bag/sheet to keep the rain off.

Regards
Alan

JJJ

Re: Which picoscope to choose?

Post by JJJ »

Thanks Alan!

I think that I choose 3203D.

-jjj