Software Installation problem

Having problems ? let us know the details here

Software Installation problem

Post by Guest »

Good morning ;

We're two french students working on a research project at Bristol University. We're using a laptop 2.6 Ghz with Win XP. We've downloaded the Picolog and Picoscope Softwares and tried to install them. We specify the directory, the operating system and the system we're using (ADC 100), but when we launch the installation, it just exits from the program and returns to windows without displaying any error message. We managed to install the drivers but none of the softwares can be installed on the hard disk. We tried to disable Norton anti-virus but it still not works. Could someone give us some advice to solve the problem. Thank you.

Laurent and Mikhail

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Hi,

Do you have Admin privileges on your laptop?

Best regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator

Answer to your question about admin privilege

Post by Guest »

Hi Nic,

Thanks a lot to answer so quickly to our request.

To answer to your question, yes, I'm quite sure we have administrator privilege since I'm the only user of my laptop, I just created one user profile with Admin privilege.

The only thing i forgot to tell you is that we tried to install the softwares without the ADC 100 connected to the laptop because it's not yet available for us from the university but i don't think it has something to deal with our problem. Perhaps i'm wrong, don't know.

Hope these answers will help. We're waiting for your reply. Thanks a lot for your help.

Laurent

ricardo
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by ricardo »

Sounds very odd. Not having the ADC-100 connected will give you an error message indicating so, but the program should still run (obviously you won't be able to take readings).

The other thing to check, is that you make sure you have rebooted the laptop after installing the software. This has to be a proper reboot/shutdown, not just putting the laptop in hibernation.

Other than that, it is impossible for me to tell what is wrong with your laptop. I would suggest you contact the Universitiy's IT Support department and see if they can help you.

Best regards,

Ric
Ricardo Paloschi
Sales Engineer
Forum Moderator