Long/slow timebase issues with 2205A

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
rankatz

Long/slow timebase issues with 2205A

Post by rankatz »

Hi,

I am having issues with long timebase settings (this happens both when using picoscope for windows or MAC):
This is my setup:
PicoScope 2205A using a single channel (A)
Windows 7 running PicoScope 6.11.12 (or the Beta version - not much difference) or MAC running PicoScope Beta 6.11.13.2

The problem - I have a device that generates events once every minute or so and would like to capture several such consecutive events.

When trying to use a long timebase I see the following:
  • When starting with no trigger moving to a long timebase (>=50S/div for windows or >=20S/div for MAC) seems to work ok
    • At the long time base when setting the trigger to 'repeat' or 'single', PicoScope freezes ("forever" - I need to brutally shut down the application)
  • When starting with a trigger ('repeat' or 'single') moving to a long timebase (50S/div for windows or 20S/div for MAC) works ok
    • At the long time base when moving the trigger position (e.g. to 10 or 20%), PicoScope freezes ("forever" - I need to brutally shut down the application)
  • When starting with a trigger ('repeat' or 'single') moving to a long timebase (>=100S/div for windows or >20S/div for MAC) PicoScope freezes...
I have not tried all combinations of triggers etc. but so far, I did not manage to make a triggered capture at a long timebase the SW always hangs...

please help :)

Thanks!
Ran

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Long/slow timebase issues with 2205A

Post by Martyn »

This is a known issue, and has been fixed in the driver. This will be included in future releases of all PicoScope builds.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

rankatz

Post by rankatz »

Hi Martyn,
Thanks! Great news,
Any chance of getting a beta version? :D

Ran

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

There will be a Beta release on the website soon.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager