Time to Trigger

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Ken42

Time to Trigger

Post by Ken42 »

I often am called into high stress customer debug sessions where between dealing with managing unhappy customers and bad working conditions I forget to write down details.

In the Properties menu you have Channel information, sampling rate information and the capture time, Capture Date, etc. It would be nice to know how long it took to trigger. I am debugging an issue now that can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 day to trigger and to collect information on the fail rate it would be nice to know when I pressed the start trigger and when the system actually trigger.

So in single trigger mode, it would just tell you how long the system was "Arm'ed" until it triggered. Or how long it's been waiting to trigger so I don't have to do the math in my head with the customer asks.

In Repeat Mode, it would give the Start time, Time it's been running, Number of Triggers and Average Time between triggers and if possible the min and max time between triggers. This would allow me to measure the effectiveness of different fixes to the system and I could start the test at night, and in the morning I could look at the log to get the number of events that occurred overnight and compare it to the previous run.

Ken

Hitesh

Re: Time to Trigger

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Ken,

I have passed on your comments to our Development Team via an existing feature request.

You can use the Alarms feature to save to disk on trigger if the trigger events are sufficiently far apart (to allow for the time to save to disk):

You would need to set the Alarm up to restart capture after saving the current buffer to disk.

If you have the start time from when you clicked the Start/Stop button, you can then use the capture time of the file (HH:MM:SS) in order to work out the time.

Regards,