A few Questions about the 3000 series

Which product is right for your exact requirements
Don Cameron

A few Questions about the 3000 series

Post by Don Cameron »

I am testing out a 3424. I find the software very easy to use. I have a few questions about the software:

(1) How do I know when a single view is "frozen"

(2) Is there a way that I can have both a scope view and a spectrum view updated at the same time with a single shot trace?

(3) Is there an inverse function for a channel?

(4) (related to #2) I get confused on which view is the "current" view, i.e. which one will receive the data when I do a single shot trace. Even when I have one view active, it does not mean that this view will be the one updated. Can you help me understand this better?

(5) Do you publish your PSD file format? We are pasring files and producing WAV files from your text, but it would be better if we did it from your native file format.

(6) Do you have a developer SDK? Although the features of the scope are good, we would like to use the SDK to access the device directly.

thanks
Don

Don Cameron

Post by Don Cameron »

Question (6) has been answered. I have found the SDK.

Don Cameron

Post by Don Cameron »

Oh, and one last question:

(7) Is there a way I can Y offset the traces in a multiple input trace?

thanks
Don

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Don,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I shall answer your questions in order:
1: If you choose the tile option from the window menu, you will see all the traces currently open. Now, if you select a window and choose freeze, you will be able to see the frozen trace.

2: The software switeches between the settings for each open view. THe Spectrum window is essentially one view and takes its data from the scope after the previous window. If you want an FFT analysis from a single shot, you will have to export the data from the active window and perform your FFT on that data.

3: You can create an inverse voltage range in the custom range editor.

4: The software will visit each open window in order. If it has been frozen, the software will proceed to the next window. Control here is limited. THere is no hard and fast rule to implementing this.

5: The PSD file format information can be found in the PicoScope help files. YOu can also find instructions for the PSD batch processing program that will allow you to transfer PSD files to TX format.

6: Answered.

7: If you choose the vertical zoom option and set it to x1, you will be able to move the trace up and down via the scroll bars on the sides of the screen.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum