Generate a signal and sampling the result

Post your MATLAB discussions here
jasmin287

Generate a signal and sampling the result

Post by jasmin287 »

Hi!

I'm using pico 4262 with Matlab R2015b.

What I am currently trying to do is generate signal (sine) while sweeping the frequencies, and then in channel a I'm measuring the response for it.

I have started by using Block Mode and that worked fine at first, until I have realized that I have too many samples for the buffer to hold.

I am now trying to figure out, is Rapid Block Mode what I should use? From what know, I cannot run another command (and change the frequency) while the measurement is active, and I am also not sure I understand how this mode works.
Or maybe Streaming Mode is the best option or this? Since I can collect more data that way..

I could do the straight forward way and use Block Mode with a loop, but I believe that there's a simpler solution.

Thank you so much!

Jasmine

Bilal
Active User
Active User

Re: Generate a signal and sampling the result

Post by Bilal »

Hi Jasmine,

Depending on how long you intend to capture data for, it may be better to collect data in streaming mode.

If you wish to use block mode and find you are filling the buffers too soon then you will need to reduce the sample rate.

Rapid-block mode refers to rapid-triggering and segmenting the memory on the device. Each time the trigger occurs, the device will collect the data and store at the dedicated memory segment. This is useful when working with signals requiring very fast triggering.

It would depend on the length of your data and how critical it is to decide whether repetitively blocking the data would be suitable.
Bilal Patel
Technical Support Engineer
Pico Technology