resolution in picoscope R5.14.6

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
KU Stijn
User
User

resolution in picoscope R5.14.6

Post by KU Stijn »

Hey,

I'm working with pico ADC 200, ADC 216 and a picoscope3424.
I have a problem with the latest version of picoscope I've installed, R5.14.6 (2006).
When I have a small averaged signal between 0 mV and 1mV, and I save this as a .txt file, then I don't have any resolution between 0 and 1 mV, although I can clearly see on the screen that there is a good resolution for my averaged signal.
When I install an older version, picoscope R5090 (2002), and I use my ADC 200 (the oldest of my three ADC's and normally the one with the lowest resolution, 8bit) and average the same signal and I see about the same signal on the screen, I save this one as a .txt file, then I do have a resolution between 0 and 1 mV, the signal is saved in microVolts.

Question : why does the newer version of picoscope always saves my decay signals in mV instead of using microVolts?

Question : normally I would think that my ADC 216 (16bit resolution), would give an even higher resolution than my ADC 200, so can I detect thus signals with a resolution even lower than a microVolt?

Stijn

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

We are currently looking into this.

Please keep checking for updates.

Many thanks,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

vlkj

resolution in

Post by vlkj »

Hi,
I keep checking for updates since summer 2005, but it looks problem with save as txt file is still there.
Regards,
vlk