PicoScope timing out after 15 minutes?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Linkadoo

PicoScope timing out after 15 minutes?

Post by Linkadoo »

Hi,

I've built an application for a company using the API. The application starts running in streaming mode and then calls GetStreamingLatestValues from the imported dll-file repeatedly. This is all written in C# and tested with a 2207B MSO.

The application runs flawlessly for about 15 minutes (actually very close to 14 minutes 50 seconds every time) but then starts returning code 7, PICO_NOT_RESPONING according to the PicoScopeImports.cs file used in PicoTech's example.

What is the cause of this and is there a neat solution rather than calling the Stop-function and the Run-function every 14 minutes?

The sample rate is high enough to have filled up the memory many times over. I'm suspecting there's some sort of
time-out functionality built in

Sanjay
User
User

Re: PicoScope timing out after 15 minutes?

Post by Sanjay »

Hi Linkadoo,

Can you please tell me what driver version you are using, you can print this out on your application by calling the method ps2000aGetUnitInfo where the info = 0 for the driver version.

Also if you could further assist me, by sending your code to support@picotech.com, so we can perform our own tests to see if this is a application fault or driver fault.

Kind Regards,
Sanjay
Linkadoo wrote:Hi,

I've built an application for a company using the API. The application starts running in streaming mode and then calls GetStreamingLatestValues from the imported dll-file repeatedly. This is all written in C# and tested with a 2207B MSO.

The application runs flawlessly for about 15 minutes (actually very close to 14 minutes 50 seconds every time) but then starts returning code 7, PICO_NOT_RESPONING according to the PicoScopeImports.cs file used in PicoTech's example.

What is the cause of this and is there a neat solution rather than calling the Stop-function and the Run-function every 14 minutes?

The sample rate is high enough to have filled up the memory many times over. I'm suspecting there's some sort of
time-out functionality built in

Linkadoo

Post by Linkadoo »

Device details:
Driver Version 1.1.6.11
USB Version 2.0
Hardware Version 1
Variant Info 2207BMSO
Serial DX104/0013
Cal Date 06Apr16
Kernel Ver 1.0
Digital Hardware 1
Analogue Hardware 1

Do I dare to send a companys code outside a company? Sorry got no real experience of this.. :oops:

Sanjay
User
User

Post by Sanjay »

Linkadoo wrote:Device details:
Driver Version 1.1.6.11
USB Version 2.0
Hardware Version 1
Variant Info 2207BMSO
Serial DX104/0013
Cal Date 06Apr16
Kernel Ver 1.0
Digital Hardware 1
Analogue Hardware 1

Do I dare to send a company's code outside a company? Sorry got no real experience of this.. :oops:
We keep all code sent to us fully confidential.
However, it seems you are running an old version of the drivers. I will PM you the correct drivers, can you please download the drivers and replace the dll's inside your SDK. Remember to place both 64 bit and 32 bit drivers in the right locations.

Linkadoo

Post by Linkadoo »

Sanjay wrote: We keep all code sent to us fully confidential.
However, it seems you are running an old version of the drivers. I will PM you the correct drivers, can you please download the drivers and replace the dll's inside your SDK. Remember to place both 64 bit and 32 bit drivers in the right locations.
Thanks! Now I'm running on driver version 1.2.0.23.
Unfortunately the problem seem to have gotten worse with that version. It now times out after about 7 minutes.

I'll send in the code to the support to verify it's not only on my side.

Linkadoo

Post by Linkadoo »

For now I've worked around the problem.
I stop streaming (call Imports.Stop) then immediately starts streaming again (call Imports.RunsStreaming) every six minutes. It's not pretty but it works.

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Linkadoo,

The problem has been reproduced here and a bug in relation to the driver reported to our Development Team.

One other workaround might be to drop the sampling rate slightly to allow data collection for a longer period of time.

I have responded via your e-mail support ticket and once a fix is available we will contact you via that method. If you have not received the e-mails, please check your spam/junk folder.

Regards,