pocket PC oscilloscope

Which product is right for your exact requirements
br

pocket PC oscilloscope

Post by br »

Hi,

does picotech has an oscilloscope for a pocket PC?

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately we do not currently have any units that can interface with palm-top computers.

Best Regards

pavlik

Palm interface

Post by pavlik »

Hello Sarah

Is it a hardware problem or it is a due to the lack of software for palm

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

We do not have any software for a pocket PC and I am not sure if there would also be hardware issues. I am not an expert on pocket PC interfaces so I do not know more about why our units will not work with them other than the software issue.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

gzielos

Pocket PC Oscilloscopes

Post by gzielos »

Hello,

I found this post in your Pico Technical Support and Discussion Forum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:19 pm Post subject: pocket PC oscilloscope Reply with quote

Hi,

does picotech has an oscilloscope for a pocket PC?

and the negative answer of Pico. I am an owner of an USB PicoScope and think that an oscilloscope unit for Pocket PC's would be extremly usefull. Many measurements and data acquisition applications in service and outdoor fields could done better and easier with pocket PC's instead Laptops.

Now to the problem of realizing such an oscilloscope unit. The question is - how do the data come in the PPC. I think the best solution is the mostly used SD/IO interface. It is fast enough for this application I think. There are some realized projects for oscilloscopes on PPC's like Pocket Instrument 1.0 from Virtins or VITO Oscilloscope. The first shows the oscillogram from the inbuilt microphone and the second the data from Infrared port of the PPC. The next step must be an SD/IO adaptor (and Software) to show any electrical signals on the pocket pc's screen I think!

Please think serious about this!!! and excuse my English!

Best regards
Gunther Zielosko
Holbeinstr. 7
99099 Erfurt
Germany

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

pocket PC

Post by Autonerdz »

The small pocket PCs are not very useful for scope work. There is not enough display resolution to show the detail and it would defeat the whole purpose of PicoScope.

However, if it's a hand held Pico you want, it has already been done:

Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Nice picture Tom, is this your setup?

Regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Autonerdz
Advanced User
Advanced User

hand held

Post by Autonerdz »

Hi Michael,

That picture was taken by Topper, a member of the Autonerdz Users Group. I still prefer the bigger screen. However, with full XP Pro, a fairly high display resolution, USB 2.0, fast processor and a fair amount of storage, these little things can do it. Plus with full wireless compatibility, you could shoot files over to a 'big brother' PC with little difficulty.

I might have to get one anyway :shock:
Tom Roberts
(The Picotologist)
http://www.autonerdz.com
THE PicoScope Automotive Authority
In North America