Twin climate chamber

Which product is right for your exact requirements
mark
User
User

Twin climate chamber

Post by mark »

Hi - I have a requirement to test external doorsets in a controlled 'external' and 'internal' climate simulated by using 2 cold rooms.

I need to measure and log temperature and humidity fluctuations on either side over a period of 28 days.

Climate 1 is 23 degrees (+/-2deg) and 30% humidity (+/-5%)
Climate 2 is 13 degrees (+/-2deg) and 65% humidity (+/-5%)

The temperature on each side of the door is calculated by an average of the readings from 3 thermocouples at set distances from the face of the door

So - i need an input of 2 humidity measurements, 2x3 temperature measurements, and a way of averaging the 3 temperature measurements.

What do you recommend? I have already purchased a Humidiprobe for my initial trials on the test chamber (1 humidity and 1 temperature reading), and was intending to buy a second humidiprobe and a thermocouple data logger with at least 4 inputs, and use it with Picolog.

Would Enviromon be better suited to my application?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend you use your existing humidiprobe and add another Humidiprobe and a TC08. All this providing you can dedicate a PC for data logging throughout this test. PicoLog will support multiple different devices for this type of test.

PicoLog has the ability to perform math calculations on the input values. Therefore you can add 4 inputs together and divide by 4 to average the readings as a calculated parameter. You cannot do this with EnviroMon.

Many thanks.
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

mark
User
User

Post by mark »

Thanks Michael - this has confirmed what I was intending to purchase.

mark
User
User

Post by mark »

michael wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend you use your existing humidiprobe and add another Humidiprobe and a TC08. All this providing you can dedicate a PC for data logging throughout this test. PicoLog will support multiple different devices for this type of test.

PicoLog has the ability to perform math calculations on the input values. Therefore you can add 4 inputs together and divide by 4 to average the readings as a calculated parameter. You cannot do this with EnviroMon.

Many thanks.
Michael
What thermocouples would you recommend? I've been looking at the SE002 air probes, but will require a long length of wire to the datalogger. Can the leads be extended, or would a 10metre SE000 work better?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

YOu can use thermocouple extension cables if you would prefer. THermocouples are susceptable to RFI and EMI so be careful about the choice routing of these wires.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum