ps3000_set_trigger function

Forum for discussing PicoScope (version 5)
feng_lin78
User
User

ps3000_set_trigger function

Post by feng_lin78 »

Hi,

Some questiones on using PS3206 programming:

Just want to know the minimum external trigger pulse width, -e.g. if a block data collection is started as soon as an external trigger event happens (for example a TTL pulse's rising edge), what is the shortest TTL pulse high-state duration for the collection to work?

Also want to know if I want to set a different trigger condition after one block collection, for example do a few loops of block collections with different trigger sources, do I need to restart the device before each loop? -i.e. call the PS3000_close_unit and PS3000_open_unit again.

Cheers,
Feng

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Helo Feng,

I hope you are doing well with your 3206.

The bandwidth of the ext trigger for the 3206 150MHz, what is your trigger signal speed?

When running blocks of sampling, you can change the trigger, timebase, voltages and sampling rates before each block starts. So if you have say 4 blocks with one trigger setting, you can build a loop to run 4 blocks and then a new loop with the next block settings. You will only have to call the open_unit function once at the very begining and close_unit at the very end of the test.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

feng_lin78
User
User

Post by feng_lin78 »

Thanks Michael. That answers my question!

All the best,
Feng