PicoScope 3206 - Sampling rate

Having problems ? let us know the details here
Marcel M.
User
User

PicoScope 3206 - Sampling rate

Post by Marcel M. »

Greetings,

I want to analyze the development of a transient signal, with a PicoScope 3206 oscilloscope, over a span of 20 seconds with a sampling rate of 1MS/s. But when making the measurement i experience a limitation of the sampling rate at approximately 48 kS/s.

How can i work around this issue?

BR,
Marcel
Attachments
Untitled1.png

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PicoScope 3206 - Sampling rate

Post by alan »

Hi,

I think the problem is that you have set the max memory (no of samples) to be collected to 1 million - 1 million samples spread over 20 seconds is 50,000 samples per second.

Increase the max no of samples to collect in the box to the right of the time/div setting and the sampling rate should increase.

If that does not work upload the file so we can see what is wrong with the settings.

Regards
Alan

Marcel M.
User
User

Post by Marcel M. »

Hi Alan,

The collection time is set to 20s with a total number of samples of 20MS, as you described. However there still seems to be a limitation of the number of samples at approximately 1.000.000.

The file is too large to be uploaded here, but can be downloaded with the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qxb239x5x471 ... sdata?dl=0

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The 3206 is an older model, and does not support streaming mode, Help->User'sGuide->Contents->Reference->DeviceFeaturesTable, which means that all collected samples must be stored in the scopes memory (1MS).

For your setup you will see the actual value being used as 967.563 , over 20 seconds giving a sample rate of 48.83kS/s
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Marcel M.
User
User

Post by Marcel M. »

Thank you for the quick reply.

Do you have any suggestions on how to work around this issue, or suggest any model which is suited for a such task?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

It would not be possible to workaround this restriciton with the 3206.

Streaming at 1MS/s or greater is supported by all devices except the 3204/5/6. I would suggest using the Comparison Chart to specify your particular requirements to see the potential options and prices.

You may also find a suitable product in our PicoAssured section.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager