EnviroMon software on Windows 2003 Server

Which product is right for your exact requirements
GaryJohnWalker

EnviroMon software on Windows 2003 Server

Post by GaryJohnWalker »

Hi,

I know your site states that the software for the EnviroMon is only supported on client OS's. Is there a reason why it isn't supported on Server OS's?

We are thinking of using this to monitor temp in remote computer rooms but all of the machines in these rooms are running server. The tools that we use for remotely administering these machines will only work on server as will most of the software we run. We don't want to have to put a desktop PC with a client OS in these rooms just to run this software if we can avoid it.

Thanks

Gary

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Gary,

It is true that we do not support Windows Server edition OS's. My understanding is that server 2003 is basicly WinXP with reduced support for GUI's. However, our EnviroMon software is very simple and may run OK in a Server environment.

We will test it here on a Server machine and let you know. Feel free to try the software yourself, you can download it for free from our website.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

Post by Guest »

Michael,

I've tried installing it but it detects the OS and refuses on Server. If this check was removed or the server OS added then I think it would work. Is this something that can be done at least while we test?

Thanks

Gary

Post by Guest »

Interestingly enough, it doesn't run in W2K3 server but will run in W2K server. That might be my way round it.

Gary